This year, Dominik Van Opdenbosch, who is part of the NAVVIS project, received a Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship 2014 from Qualcomm Research Germany for his work in visual localization. With his innovation proposal for a holistic approach in mobile visual localization he received one of three fellowships among several highly competitive applications. The finalists’ presentations in front of an international jury took place at Qualcomm Research Nuremberg on April 2nd.
- Activity Recognition on Handheld Devices for Pedestrian Indoor Navigation
- Graph-based Data Fusion of Pedometer and WiFi Measurements for Mobile Indoor Positioning
- Camera-Based Indoor Positioning Using Scalable Streaming Of Compressed Binary Image Signatures
- Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship 2014
- NavVis wins VDE Award 2013